About Me

I am a senior at Maranatha Baptist Bible College studying theology and the church. I am preparing for cross-cultural church planting. Cell = 937-776-8834

Pisco

Pisco

Sending Church

Heritage Baptist Church (Pastor Gil Morrow)
113 N. Main St.
Englewood, OH 45322
#937-836-3869

Friday, July 10, 2009

This week went by rather fast. I can’t believe we have been here for several weeks already. God is working in us, and helping us with Spanish, ministry, direction, and safety. We have had a few “close calls” but every time, all four of us guys were together, and there was always a quick way out. God is big enough to lead and protect. What can man do to me?

We took a trip down to a city called Santiago to visit a church and pastor that I worked with before. While on my internship two years ago, the guys on my team and I went down to help rebuild the pastor’s house after the earthquake. It was a blessing to sleep 2 nights in a house that we helped build. We also had the blessing of serving in his the church. We had the opportunity to sing specials, George and Ryan gave testimonies, and I was able to preach on Discipleship from 2 Timothy 2.

Due to the national public transportation strike, we had to stay in the city of Santiago an extra day and night. This gave us plenty of time to converse with the national pastor. He is very wise and experienced in ministry in this part of Peru. He gave me a lot of advise for when I came back to start a new work. He is also the head of a small seminary here that operates strictly on 2 week block modules. He invited me to come back and teach a class in the future on any topic I desire to teach the young people training for ministry.

Keep praying for the kids clubs we have every weekend. I preached on sin and hell last week. This week I plan on spending a little more time teaching about the true meaning of the death and resurrection of Christ. Pray that the Lord would “unteach” the false doctrine these kids have received, and reveal to them the true story of the gospel, the sufficient blood of Christ. Also pray as we get more of a panorama of the city and surrounding cities and villages as I calculate the need for potential church-plants in the future. Que Dios Te Bendiga. . . God bless you.

1 comment: